Our school community will be supported to create a learning environment that stimulates and challenges students to achieve optimum learning. We believe in the Principles of Learning and Teaching described in the Curriculum Framework and add our own, based on shared beliefs about the learning environment, contemporary research and professional knowledge. We believe and are committed to the following principles:
- Everyone is capable of learning.
- Everyone learns in different ways and learning programs need to accommodate this.
- Teachers and parents are critical factors in a child’s learning success.
- Teachers, students and parents accept responsibility for their learning, behaviour and goal setting.
- Effective teaching is purposeful, challenging and connected to a student’s experience, stage of development and background.
- Programs need to be culturally and developmentally appropriate, having real-life application.
- Students need to have the opportunity to observe, practise and teach others.
- The mental and physical well-being of students and staff is a priority.
- Students need opportunities to engage in higher order thinking and reflection about learning.
- The core-shared values are the foundation for all learning and teaching.
- Learning happens best when student-teacher relationships are based on mutual trust and respect.
Learning occurs where student, home and school have a common goal, interact positively and are mutually supportive.