Our academic and non-academic student outcomes work towards achieving Success for All Students (DoE Priority #1)
Numeracy at Kewdale Primary School is explicit, aligned with the Australian Curriculum, hands on, engaging, differentiated, student-centred, common lesson structure and problem solving.
Our whole school focus for 2021 is to improve student acquisition and use of Numeracy skills across the school through a focussed effort on explicit teaching in the areas of Number and Algebra. We will endeavour to do this through:
- Quality teaching, peer observation and feedback.
- Through differentiation and Explicit teaching, whole school collaboration, CAT tasks, Learning through Play, mathematical language and basic maths skills.
- A new programme called Maths Plus.
- Daily Top Ten for mental maths.
- Using Dr Paul Swans Trajectories to monitor and help support our student’s progress.
- Using our new Scope and Sequence we will align our teaching and learning through a whole school Maths improvement plan.
- Online learning is supported through Mathseeds in the Junior years and Prodigy and other programs in the Senior Levels.
- We have an amazing maths Resource room with tubs of resources to access for every classroom.
- We are planning to take part in Maths Competitions eg: Have Sum Fun.
- Community partnerships:to develop and maintain a distinctive culture that engages stakeholders through effective communication
Exciting times ahead for our maths learning!